For the dressing:
- ¾ cup raw cashews, soaked
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp mined garlic
- heaping ½ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 2 large broccoli crowns (florets only), finely chopped
- ⅓ cup roasted salted almonds, finely chopped
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries or raisins (if lower carb diet, reduce amount or omit and increase nuts)
- 1½ cups red grapes, halved (optional, leave out if wanting a lower carb version of salad)
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for 2 hours or overnight. If you have a Nutribullet or high speed blender, simply soak them in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Drain cashews. Add to blender with with rest of the dressing ingredients. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Place broccoli, grapes, almonds, red onion, and dried cranberries in a medium or large mixing bowl. Add dressing and toss throughly to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe originates from here. When I made it, I lowered the raisins and left out the grapes, it was amazing! If serving to onion averse small kids consider reducing the onions (but the grownups at our house loved the onions!).