- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Optional 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- Add the cashews into a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 1 hour. Alternatively, you can soak the cashews in room temperature water for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Add all of the cashew cream ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until a super smooth sauce forms. If using a Vitamix, use the tamper to get things moving. If your blender is having a hard time blending, you can add a splash more water to help things along.