- 1 1/2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Place coconut, almonds and cashews into food processor and pulse until they’re chopped into small pieces. Place nut mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Put dates into the food processor and pulse until a paste forms (the dates will probably form into a sticky ball).
- Add nuts and coconut back into the processor with the dates and pulse until well combined.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times, until they’re just incorporated.
- Remove dough from processor and press evenly into your prepared dish. Make sure you press the dough down really well.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to harden up and then slice into bars or put in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice into bar shapes.
- Wrap individually or store with parchment paper between bars. Store in the fridge for up to a week, will keep longer in the freezer.
Apple cinnamon – leave out chocolate and replace half the dates with dried apples and add cinnamon to taste
Apricot almond – leave out chocolate chips, replace half the dates with dried apricots that have been soaked in warm water and drained. Consider increasing the almonds in the recipe and adding a couple of drops of vanilla extract.