*This recipe is very large quantity – I cut the recipe in half and use only one cookie sheet or I make the full batch and put what I don’t think I will eat in a few days in the freezer and take a few pieces out at a time a couple minutes before eating.
1 ½ cup quinoa flour
½ cup millet flour
250 g flaked or rolled cereal (2 cups) such as quinoa flakes or gluten-free rolled oats or steel cut oats (gluten free)
120 g sesame seeds (roasted) or sliced almonds– a little less than a cup
50 g sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds (a heaped ½ cup) or additional ground flaxseeds
50 g ground almonds or hazelnuts (heaped ½ cup)
20 g of flaxseeds (1/4 cup)
6 tbsp sunflower oil or olive oil
2 teaspoons of sea salt
375 ml of cold water
For extra flavor add 1 – 2 cloves of crushed garlic
• Preheat oven to 475 º F.
• Mix flour together with all the dry ingredients.
• Add oil and water and mix together to make a thick dough.
• Line 2 baking sheets in parchment paper. Divide dough between the cookie sheets. Use an additional piece of parchment paper or plastic wrap on top of dough and use your hands to press dough to cover the whole baking sheet.
• Cut the rolled out dough in squares (no need to cut right through). A pizza cutter works great
• Bake at 475 º for 7 minutes
• Reduce heat to 350 º and bake for another 18 – 25 minutes
• Remove crispbread immediately from cookie sheet and allow to cool
• To keep crispbread fresh, store in cookie tin or ziploc bag
Flour may be replaced with another type of gluten free grain flour. Seeds and nuts may also be substituted.