- 1 cup | 110 grams chickpea flour (also known as gram/garbanzo flour)
- 1 cup | 100 grams tapioca flour(can sub for corn starch or arrowroot)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup | 120 ml warmed milk of your choice almond, coconut, rice, dairy etc
- 1 tablespoon | 15 ml olive oil + a little extra for the dough
- 1/2 cup tomato tomato puree*
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (optional) + garlic powder + basil, each
- salt + pepper to taste
- 6 oz | 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, vegan cheese or goat cheese
- pepperoni slices or other toppings, the amount is up to you
In a small sauce pot add the tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and basil. Stir it all together and warm on a medium low heat for for a couple of minutes. Taste & season with salt & pepper as needed. Once warm remove from the heat and set aside until you need it for topping.
Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C but you want the oven HOT before you bake the pizza. Set the oven rack towards the top so that it’s about 6-8 inches from the broiler. Place your pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven while it’s heating.
Whisk together the chickpea flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and sea salt until combined.
Stir in the olive oil and warmed milk until combined. Your mixture should be a thick, sticky ball of dough that come together in the end.
Rip out a large section of wax paper or parchment paper to roll your dough on; lightly flour it. Using the wax paper to roll out the dough will make it so much easier for you to transfer to your pizza stone/baking pan. Roll the dough balls out on the floured surface until flat and even and about 12 inches wide in diameter. Pour a tiny amount of olive oil onto your hands and rub it all over the top of the pizza dough – this helps prevent it from getting dry in the oven.
Transfer the dough to your hot pizza stone/pan. Be careful not to burn yourself as you lay out your toppings. Spread the sauce evenly over the top of the pizza dough and then top with your pepperoni/toppings and mozzarella/goat cheese/vegan cheese.
Place this pizza in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.