- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds or other nuts (or sliced)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 medjool dates, pitted + chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil or other unrefined oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add 1 cup coconut, almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax, spices and salt to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Remove the pits from the dates and cut them into small pieces. Add them to the bowl, and using your hands, distribute the dates throughout the mixture. You want to separate all the large chunks so only the small pieces remain.
- Melt the coconut oil, vanilla and syrup/honey together in a small saucepan. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer this mixture to the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 so as not to burn the granola.
- Allow the granola to cool completely, then stir in the remaining ½ cup coconut flakes and hemp seeds.
- Store in an airtight container (preferably glass) in a cool dark place or in the refrigerator.
Original recipe: https://www.simplyquinoa.com/grain-free-coconut-granola/