Recipe type: Paleo, Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Sugar-free, Yeast-free, Corn-free, Grain-free, Nut-free, Keto
Grain-free, low-carb, keto bread recipe made entirely of flaxseed with a very bread-like texture. Perfect for toast and sandwiches.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 13×9 baking pan with parchment paper draped over the sides. Set aside.
- Combine flax seed with baking powder, herb mix and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine fully and set aside.
- Add eggs, water and oil to your blender. Blend on high for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Transfer liquid mixture to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture. Stir with a spatula, just until incorporated. The mixture will be very fluffy. Once incorporated, allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Drop mixture into prepared baking pan. Smooth with the back of the spatula and transfer the pan to the preheated oven. If desired, you can add whole olives or sundried tomatoes to the top of the dough so that each piece of bread has a little treat.
- Bake bread for 20 minutes, until top is golden. Remove from the oven and lift bread (from the parchment paper sides) to a cooling rack. Peel the parchment paper from the bottom of the bread and allow the bread to cool on the cooling rack for an hour.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Bread can be toasted or frozen. Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Original recipe by Leanne Vogel and can be found here